Friday, July 19, 2013

How I Start My Day...and Fill It Up

Every morning I run along one of my favorite lagoon trails, 
starting just before dawn, with the sun rising as I head toward the Pacific Ocean.



Photo:  Ben Burner Photography, http://blog.burnerphotography.com/


As I plod along, I listen to the following podcasts on my MP3 player:

The Daily Mass Readings

Then a short period of reflection on one of the readings, called Lectio Divina

Followed by the Liturgy of the Hours (Invitatory, Office of Readings, Morning Prayer)

and the Holy Rosary

and, quite often, re-listening to one of Fr. Alfonse's homilies

All of these are available through iTunes as well.

Later in the day, I will listen to the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours) on my smartphone or laptop.  It is a wonderful way to stop, focus, prioritize, center myself and recharge my batteries.

Hope you enjoy these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment